Date of last revision: 12th August 2021 v1.0
This section sets out the terms that apply for your participation in the MS Readathon, your use of the MS Readathon website, resources (printed and digital) and other MS Readathon materials (Services). Your registration in the MS Readathon indicates to MS Ireland that you agree with these terms and conditions (General Terms), as updated from time to time.
- Parental Consent – All terms and conditions apply to parent or guardians of registered MS Readathon participants under 18. It is a condition of use of this Website that any person under the age of 16 participating in MS Readathon be appropriately supervised by an adult. Where a child is under the age of 12, he or she must only operate the Website under the direct supervision of a parent or carer. We may refuse access to the Website to any child under the age of 16 until we receive permission from their parent or guardian.
- Respect the MS Readathon Community– Stay respectful by adhering to the following:
- You must not collect user’s content using automated means
- You must not interfere with our website, upload viruses or other malicious code
- You must not bully, intimidate or harass anyone
- You must not post any content that infringes or violates someone else’s rights, or otherwise violates the law, or that is discriminatory, hateful, pornographic, threatening or violent
Failure to provide personal information may result in MS Readathon being unable to provide you with certain information and offers.
You may opt out of receiving communications at any time by contacting us via email, phone or mail to update your preferences within the database.
- Your privacy -For further information on Privacy, how the MS Ireland protects your rights and manages personal information please follow this link: https://www.msreadathon.ie/privacy-statement
- Teams- If you are signed up to a MS Readathon team or class (Team), and the page indicates as such, MS Ireland may share your personal information with the team captain, in order to enable communication to flow to MS Readathon, or to you as an individual.
- Schools – If you join a MS Readathon school, and the page indicates such, MS Ireland may share your personal information with the school contact, in order to enable communication to flow to MS Readathon or to you as an individual.
- Your fundraising – the proceeds from your fundraising will allocated to MS Ireland to make a direct impact to people living with MS in Ireland.
- Content created by MS Readathon– MS Readathon owns or licenses from third parties all of the trademarks, copyright and other intellectual property that exists in the Services. You must not copy or reproduce in any form any of the graphics, logos or other materials from our Services unless you have our specific permission. For the avoidance of doubt, you have our permission to download material from the Resources page on our website, subject to the restrictions noted on that page.
- Content posted by you- Any content that you post to our Services (e.g. photos, videos and comments) is your responsibility, and you must make sure that you have the necessary rights to post that content (e.g. by obtaining permission of copyright owners if necessary or by obtaining permission to use personal information of third parties). By posting any content, you also give MS Readathon a non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free worldwide right to use and reproduce that content.
- Third party copyright infringement– MS Readathon follows the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and other relevant copyright legislation as applicable. If you believe that someone else is using your copyright or trademark without your permission, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to report the infringement.
- Resources MS Readathon provides you– MS Readathon takes great care with its Services and we endeavour to keep them accurate, error-free, and free of any offensive material. However, you use the site at your own risk and MS Ireland will not be liable for any costs or losses you incur through your use of our Services. Whilst we may include on our Services links to third party websites or resources, MS Ireland is not responsible for such third parties and you use those websites or resources at your own risk.
- Fundraising events or activities– If you choose to host or organise a fundraising event or activity (Event) as part of your MS Readathon campaign, you accept that you are responsible for the organization and running of the Event, which includes acquiring any necessary permits, permissions and/or insurance, and complying with all legal requirements, required to hold said Event. There may be risks and dangers inherent to an Event, and by choosing to host it you understand and accept that MS Ireland will not have any liability in relation to any injury, damage or loss incurred in connection with your Event.
- Participating in a hosted MS Readathon Event– You acknowledge that if you participate in a MS Readathon hosted Event of any sort, you do so at your own risk and that MS Ireland will not have any liability in relation to any injury, damage or loss you suffer as a result.
- Campaign period - The MS Readathon campaign opens in October through to December 31. Any funds received post December 31 will be attributed to the 2021 MS Readathon campaign.
- Our rights– MS Readathon may remove any content posted by you or prevent access by you to our Services at its entire discretion. Any failure by MS Ireland to enforce our rights under these Terms is not a waiver and we remain entitled to enforce our rights.
Entities and governing law – MS Readathon is powered by MS Ireland to deliver a national fundraising campaign. MS Ireland is a registered charity (RCN: 20007867) and is in compliance with the requirements of and is listed on the Register of the Charities Regulatory Authority. These Terms form an agreement between you and MS Ireland, and is subject to the laws of Republic of Irel56and.
MS Ireland – 80 Northumberland Rd, Dublin 4 D4 T856 – Phone: 00 353 (1) 6781600 – Email: email@example.com
Company Registration Number: 296573 – Registered Charity Number: RCN: 20007867 – Charity Number: CHY 5365
While we have made every attempt to ensure that the information contained in this website has been obtained from reliable sources, MS Ireland are not responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the results obtained from the use of this information.
MS Ireland and their respective officers, employees and agents shall have no liability for any costs, losses or damages of any kind, which you may incur, arising either directly or indirectly from your participation in MS Readathon.
To the full extent permitted by law, the MS Ireland disclaims any and all warranties and guarantees, express or implied:
- regarding the accuracy, reliability, timeliness or otherwise of any information contained or referred to in MS Readathon materials, MS Readathon website and/or of any linked sites; and
- regarding the merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose for any service or product contained or referred to in MS Readathon materials, MS Readathon website and/or on any linked sites.
- that the Website, or its server are free of software viruses, the operation of the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, or that errors and defects will be corrected.
MS Ireland reserves the right to amend these Terms from time to time and You will be subject to the Terms in force at the time you register for MS Readathon.